Auto Care Ocean Grove know that safety is important so it goes without saying we are happy to tell you that Repco’s next generation of brake pads - Repco RCT - are conveniently available through our Ocean Grove workshop...Read more
Protect your self with a Brake Service
It‘s pretty clear that your brakes need a service if you hit the brakes and your car takes longer to stop.. However there are less noticeable warning signs that you should be aware of to guarantee your safety when travelling on the road.
Does your car display these warning signs? Your brakes are due to be tested.
- There is a spongy soft or harder feel to your brake pedal
- The brake pedal feels low
- During braking your vehicle loses grip
- Your car pulls to the left or right while braking
- The steering wheel shudders when braking
- You hear a high pitched squeak or squeal when the brakes are applied.
If you become aware of any of these symptoms, contact us at Auto Care Ocean Grove as soon as possible.
Brakes are the most important part of your vehicles safety; not looking after them with a service means you are putting your own, and your family’s, lives at risk . Braking systems should have an inspection at every service and by a qualified technician.
At Auto Care Ocean Grove we offer a free 65 Point Vehicle Inspection report with every car service that we perform, and we will advise you if we feel there are any immediate concerns. Our written report will also let you know if there are requirements in the near future you should plan for.
As part of this inspection we check over the brake system components including:
- Front Brake Pads/Shoes
- Front Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Front Calipers
- Front Brake Hoses/Clips/Springs
- Rear Brake Pads/Shoes
- Rear Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Brake Fluid